Noise is all around us and increasing as time passes. It is distracting, affects our mental health, and makes it hard to hear God. What about you?
– What kind of noise do you have in your life?
– Do you ever surround yourself with noise intentionally? Why?
– Does all the noise in your life make it harder to hear God?
– When was a time that you heard God clearly?
– Does silence make you uncomfortable? If so, why?
– What could you do to eliminate some of the noise in your life that keeps you from hearing God?
Silence & Solitude
1. Identify a sacred space.
– Quiet and comfortable.
– Begin with a modest goal.
2. Settle into a comfortable yet alert position in your body.
3. Ask God to give you a simple prayer that expresses your openness and desire for God.
4. Close your time in silence with a prayer of gratitude of God’s presence with you.
5. Resist the urge to judge yourself or your experiences in silence.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10, NIV
Go and try this, this week. Then come back and share your experience.